mICHAEL G. MUSTAIN
I've been in the insurance industry since 1977. I've done thousands of quotes and continue even today. We are not an internet sales office, I believe every sale should be across the desk with personal service.
Back to Blog
Some items you will need to have handy when calling for an insurance quote:
1) Names, addresses, dates of birth and driving records of all drivers.
2) Vehicle identification numbers for all vehicles.
3) If you have current insurance:
a) What are the liability limits
b) How long have you been insured, and have you had any lapses in coverage.
4) Any other non-driving residents in the household.
5) Is there a loan on any vehicle.
It is critical that you compare coverage between what you have and what you are being quoted. Some agents will quote less coverage to make it appear a better price.
Understand this, you must be upfront and honest with your agent or prospective agent when getting an insurance quote. Any attempt to hide or non-disclose tickets, accidents, driving records and/or operators will (or can) void coverage.
Whether it is our agency you call for a quote or another, the above generalizations will apply.